“Friends Star Matthew Perry’s Cause of Passing Unveiled”: Ketamine’s Acute Effects Revealed

Matthew Perry, the actor from Friends, passed away, and an autopsy report from PEOPLE revealed the cause of death. It was determined that he died from the acute effects of ketamine, a drug that distorts sight and sound and can make users feel disconnected and out of control. The autopsy listed drowning, coronary artery disease, and the effects of buprenorphine (a medication for opioid use disorder) as contributing factors, and the death was ruled accidental.

Despite being reportedly clean for 19 months, Perry was on ketamine infusion therapy, with his latest treatment just a week and a half before his death. The coroner noted that the ketamine found in his system at the time of death couldn’t be from that therapy, as its half-life is shorter than the time frame. Perry was discovered in a residential pool, and prescription medications were found at his home, though none were reported near the pool.

The autopsy indicated an “unknown route of drug intake,” and the high levels of ketamine in his system could lead to cardiovascular overstimulation and respiratory depression. Drowning likely occurred as he became unconscious in the pool.

Matthew Perry, 54, passed away at his Los Angeles home on October 28, and the Los Angeles Fire Department responded to a medical emergency call at 4:07 p.m. Perry had openly discussed his battle with addiction in his 2022 memoir, waiting until he felt secure in his sobriety to share his story.

Perry, known for his role as Chandler Bing on Friends, expressed how the show changed his life, and he credited the cast, including Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, and David Schwimmer, for their support during his struggles with addiction. Perry compared their support to penguins helping an injured companion until it can stand on its own.

Like this post? Please share to your friends:
interesting world

Videos from internet