Meet this perfect creation of nature!
Most recently, photographer Mads Nordsveen has met a real treasure on his way while hiking through the winter forest in Oslo, Norway. It was a very rare snow-white fawn!
Luckily, Nordsveen had a camera with him, as always, and now we also have the opportunity to see this miracle with our own eyes!
1. Meet this perfect creation of nature!
2. Mads says: “I was walking in the mountains in search of a suitable background for my photos, when I suddenly came across this baby”.
The fawn was so white it almost merged with the surrounding winter landscape. The photographer says, the animal wasn’t even a little afraid of him. It even posed for the photos.
3. “The fawn came really close to me and we kind of made eye contact”
A few minutes later, the fawn’s mother came out of the thicket. The baby stayed with Mads a little longer and went to her.
“This meeting was like a chapter from a fairytale”, recalls the photographer.
4. White reindeer are carriers of a rare mutation: their pigment disappears, which allows the animals to completely merge with the snow.
But unlike albinos, reindeer retain pigmentation around their eyes and on the horns.
5. They have no equal in the art of disguise!
6. What a handsome guy!
It’s not the first time Mads Nordsveen comes across rare animals in their natural habitat. Before this, the photographer had had the opportunity to capture a lynx an a wolf, again in northern Norway.